Idaho Code 67-5333 allows eligible retirees to convert half of their unused sick leave to an account that can be used to pay premiums for “such health, dental, vision, long-term care, prescription drug, and life insurance programs as may be maintained by the state”. Upon your retirement, your employer will provide PERSI with an accounting of your unused sick leave, and this accounting will be used to calculate the amount of unused sick leave credited to your account.
The Office of Group Insurance is responsible for entering into agreements with insurance carriers to provide coverage to the State of Idaho retirees. Once you decide on coverage options, you are responsible for contacting the insurance carrier, enrolling in coverage, and instructing the carrier to add your name to the PERSI billing file. If you wish to change insurance plans or cancel coverage, you must contact the insurance carrier directly. The insurance carrier will then end the deductions from your PERSI account.
This list of approved carriers is subject to change.
- State employee retiree medical plan (eligibility is limited by Idaho Code 67-5761(3)(d))
- Contact the Office of Group Insurance for eligibility and enrollment information: 208-332-1860
- Must be under age 65 and hired on or before June 30, 2009
- Blue Cross of Idaho Access Plans
- Access Plans
- Medicare Supplement, Advantage, and Part D plans:
- Aetna Health and Life: 407-450-2056
- Blue Cross of Idaho: 1-888-492-2583
- PacificSource Community Health Plans: 1-888-863-3637
- Regence Blue Shield of Idaho: 1-888-734-3623
- Select Health: 1-800-538-5038
- United Healthcare: 1-877-848-1479
- Dental Plan:
- Blue Cross of Idaho: 1-888-462-7677
- Delta Dental of Idaho: 1-888-296-5044
- Long-Term Care
- New York Life Ins.: 208-957-0105